Wednesday 28 January 2009

Flickr Fave's Game

What's the Flickr Fave Game?
A fab way to navigate your way through Flickr using other people's favourites as your guide

What's in it for you?
This is a really fun way to explore Flickr. An alternative to using Flickr's own Explore logarithym or looking through Group's or searching Tags. It has the advantage that you'll only see pictures that other people have fave'd and so you can find common themes and pleasure patterns as you go.

Equipment to play the game
- A Flickr account
- Firefox as a browser
- GreaseMonkey installed on Firefox
- Flickr Cross Recommendations script added and active on GreaseMonkey
See my previous blog on my Fave Flickr tools on how to sort yourself out with these three. They are free (woo hoo).

I'm convinced - How do I play?
Once you have the equipment to play (see above):

1. Choose a starting point of a favourite picture of yours. For example, I might choose a picture of mine withto start the game.

2. On the picture page, you should see five picture lined up below your starting picture. These are pictures that people who have fave'd your starting picture have also fave'd. Take a look at those thumbnails and click on the one you like most.Flickr will take you to the expanded version of that picture.

3. Once on the new picture page - Fave it - if you like it. But definately leave a comment - for example -"What a great picture - I love the wonderful colours in that sunset. It reminds me of the town where I grew up. I found your picture playing the Flickr Fave's Game."

4. Now, look at the five fave'd pictures below the main picture and pick your favourite again.

5. Repeat from step 2 until you've found and commented on as many pictures as you like.


If you enjoyed playing the Flickr Fave's Game, feel free to visit my Flickr site, doug8888, and leave me a comment or message. No pressure though.

Happy Flickring.

Bring me colour - bring me love


No comments:

Post a Comment